To be honest, if you’d asked me 2 years ago if I would ever consider traveling by myself, my answer would have been hell no! But after embarking on a solo trip to discover dance in New York last year, it’s hard to imagine why I was so afraid.
Here are 5 reasons why I love to travel solo.
- You can set your own itinerary! You’re not bound by what others want to do; being able to wake up in the morning and not have set plans for the day is incredibly daunting and exciting!
- Not having to share a room/bed.
- Meeting new people from all around the world. I honestly never thought of myself as an ‘overly friendly’ person, but its amazing how traveling solo can teach you to come out of your shell and meet new (possibly also solo travellers) people!
- Learning to enjoy your own company (and not feel awkward about it!)
- Learning how to do my laundry (Yes… I really did)
So that’s my list. What’s on yours?