Amazing! Is one word that I would use to describe Sydney, and this is a lot coming from someone who has lived in Melbourne her whole life. The last time i was in Sydney i was twelve and traveling with family, they still had the monorail and we’d explored the whole of Sydney on one of those typical ‘tourist’ buses. Don’t get me wrong, it was great fun! But being able to explore the city by myself was so much better. That being said; here is my guide to Sydney 🙂
1. Have dinner under the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Yes its expensive, but it is so worth it! the tranquility and beauty of the harbour (especially at night) really makes you take a step back and appreciate life!
2. Shopping! Not gonna lie, but coming from Melbourne I didn’t really have high expectations for the shopping (i wasn’t really going there for the shopping either) but Sydney has some of the cutest boutiques that happen to be in some of the prettiest buildings such as the QVB. But don’t forget the outlets, Birkenhead Point is quite popular amongst the locals.
3. QVB (Queen Victoria Building). Architecturally this building is incredible. It’s a must see for anyone that visits Sydney
4. Manly. It takes about half an hour from the harbour to get to Manly. It’s pretty much a coastal town that happens to be in Sydney! Have lunch by the beach and sip on an alcoholic beverage, this town just oozes comfort and relaxation! If you’re going in Summer don’t forget to hit the waves!
5. Darling Harbour. Home to some of the best restaurants in Sydney and without a doubt the best sunsets!